1. Go to the course in question.
2. Click on the Assignments button above the syllabus.
3. Find the assignment you wish to alter and click on the Edit link for that assignment.
4. Scroll down the edit page until you find the option Allow Multiple Attempts.
5. Select to allow or disallow multiple attempts.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save. *Important:* Your preference will not be implemented unless you click Save.
When a student has multiple responses to an assignment, the assignment grade area in Gradebook will be blue, alerting you that you have more than one response to review. In Grader, the number of ungraded responses is shown to the right of the student's name in the assignment view.