How do I add students to my courses?
Use the Zulama Roster Management Tools to add and remove students to your courses.
Once your course is created (see How do I get set up?), you can start enrolling students.
NOTE: Students can only be enrolled in open courses. The Zulama license period is from July 1 to July 1.
To enroll a roster of students:
- Go to the course syllabus page and click on either “Enroll Students” under Students, or “Rosters” in the toolbar.
- Your Roster page allows you to add students in two ways: ADD STUDENTS ONE AT A TIME
- If the student is already in the Zulama system: Start typing the student’s name. The system will show you a list of possible matches. Click on the correct student name from the dropdown. Then click ENROLL.
- If the student is new to Zulama: Enter the name of a new student and click on “CREATE NEW & ENROLL” and the new student will be created.
ADD STUDENTS ALL AT ONCE: To add your entire roster of students:
- Download the roster template.
- Fill in all applicable information.
- Upload the Roster to the system. NOTE: You must use the template provided, saved as either a csv file or an Excel spreadsheet. Other data and file formats are not accepted.
- If a student is already in the Zulama system: The system will enroll the student. When the system finds students with similar names, you will be asked to confirm the correct match.
- If the student is new to Zulama: The system will create and enroll the student.
For more information on Zulama's LCMS, see our Navigating Zulama playlist on YouTube.